Known as the Crossroads of the Marine
Corps Marine Barracks, Quantico, was established in
1917, on the land currently occupied by today's Base. Marine Barracks
personnel consisted of 91 enlisted men and four officers. Officers
were first trained here in August 1917.
W4PFC followed W3AWS, reported
to have been started in 1928 at Quantico.
W4PFC was rescued by James Bair USMC
Retired as his vanity call sign. N0RTP is not assigned and N0MQU is
licensed to Mike S Johnston.
Back to Top